Winter can be hard on your skin and can leave it feeling dry and dehydrated. Cold temperatures, dry air, and wind can suck the moisture out of your skin, causing it to appear dull, flaky, or tight.
Knowing the difference between dry and dehydrated skin can help you determine what type of skin care products you need to nourish your skin.
Dehydrated vs. Dry Skin
Both terms “dehydrated” and “dry” refer to the lack of moisture in your skin. However, there are some key differences between the two.
Dehydrated skin is a temporary condition caused by external factors, such as weather and lifestyle habits. Dehydrated skin lacks moisture, so it feels and looks dry, tight, and dull.
Dry skin is an inherited skin type caused by a lack of oil in the dermis. This results in a lack of sebum, which is the natural oil produced by your skin to keep it hydrated and healthy. It can be exacerbated by external factors, such as cold weather and harsh cleansers.
How to Tell If You’ve Got Dehydrated Skin
There are a few key signs that you may have dehydrated skin:
- Dullness and lack of brightness in your complexion
- Feeling of tightness, especially after washing your face
- Excess oil production in some areas
At THERAPYSKIN, we believe that everyone’s skincare needs are different. That’s why we offer a variety of natural and organic skincare products designed to meet your specific needs, no matter what your skin type is. That’s why we’ve collected these tips from dermatologists and skin care professionals to help you treat dehydrated and dry skin.
How to Treat Dehydration and Dryness?
No matter your skin type, these six tips for treating dry and dehydrated skin can help you achieve the healthy, glowing complexion you desire.
- Cleanse Your Skin Gently: This may sound counterintuitive, but using harsh cleansers can strip the skin of its natural oils, causing it to become dry and dehydrated. Choose a gentle cleanser specifically designed for your skin type.
- Use a toner: Toners help to balance the pH level of your skin, locking in moisture and keeping your skin hydrated.
- Exfoliate: Exfoliating helps to remove dead skin cells, dirt, and oil from your pores. This will help keep the pores unclogged, allowing your skin to absorb moisture more easily.
- Moisturize: Moisturizing is key to keeping your skin hydrated and healthy. Choose a moisturizer specifically designed for your skin type.
- Drink Plenty of Water: Drinking plenty of water will help to flush out toxins and keep your skin hydrated.
- Protect Your Skin: Sunscreen is essential to protect your skin from damaging UV rays. Choose a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30, and make sure to reapply every few hours.
Following these tips will help you treat dry and dehydrated skin, giving you a healthy and glowing complexion. Don’t forget to stick to your routine—even if it’s just once a day—and your skin will thank you for it.
At THERAPYSKIN, we believe in using natural and organic skincare to help you get the best results for your skin. We offer a variety of natural and organic products designed to meet your specific needs. So, why not give us a try today and see the difference?
Your skin deserves the best! Try THERAPYSKIN now and start nourishing your skin from the outside in.